lørdag den 7. maj 2011

Chili Con Carne - A prairie essential



This one is a well known classic. It's cheap, tasty as hell and easy to make!

You will need

4 lbGround beef
3 largeOnion; chopped
4 clovesGarlic; sliced thinly
2 tbChili powder
3 cubesBeef bouillon; crushed
10 Hot pepper rings *; chopped
1/4 teaspoonLouisianna hot sauce; or other hot sauce to taste
3 tablespoonWorcestershire Sauce
1 1/2 tsPaprika
1 tsOregano
1/2 tsGround cumin
1/2 tsCayenne pepper
1/2 cBeef stock
1 28-oz canTomatoes; crushed preferably
1 8-oz canTomato paste
4 1-lb cansRed kidney beans



Preperation

This is the easy part :)

Brown beef, onion and garlic in skillet.
Combine all ingredients in a large pot (or crockpot if you have one big enough)
Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours. 

There is a hundred ways to make this dish. The recipe is highly open for interpretation.

There you go!

Serve with rice, bread, butter and whiskey

9 kommentarer:

  1. First!

    Also let me say that you don't -have- to cook it for so long; you can whip it up real quick and its still good. Just not quite as good as it should be.

    SvarSlet
  2. how hot does this taste in this end? Just want to know before trying it :D

    SvarSlet
  3. Chili con carne is my favourite! Never made it before though so this will really help, thanks! :)

    SvarSlet
  4. I do love a bit of Chili con carne, thanks alot man!

    SvarSlet
  5. Hmmm.. I love Chili con carne

    SvarSlet
  6. I ate this yesterday. Love it<3

    SvarSlet
  7. I was thinking about what to get at the story today, and I think this solved my problem :D

    SvarSlet
  8. i'm cooking this for my post-workout meal. thanks for the recipe, mate!

    SvarSlet