fredag den 20. maj 2011

Breakfast as in the 1930s - The Louisville Hot Brown Sandwich

A breakfast extraordinaire




You will need


2 tablespoon(s) butter
2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup(s) milk
1 cup(s) (about 4 ounces) shredded mild white Cheddar cheese (oh yes, cheddar)
1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tablespoon(s) Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon(s) Tabasco sauce
1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
3  thick slices bacon
6 slice(s) Italian ciabatta or other rustic bread, toasted
1/2 pound(s) roast turkey breast, sliced
1 large tomato, sliced
1/8 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper

Preperations


Make the cheese sauce
In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook mixture, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Add milk and continue to stir. Increase heat to medium-high and bring mixture to a boil. Cook for 1 more minute. Remove saucepan from heat and whisk in cheeses, mustard, Tabasco sauce, and salt. Cover and keep warm.

 
Cook the bacon
In a large skillet, cook bacon over high heat until crisp and brown -- 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel to drain. When bacon is cool, crumble or coarsely chop.

 
Make the sandwiches
Preheat oven broiler. In a large ovenproof dish, arrange toasted bread slices and layer them with turkey and tomato slices. Sprinkle with pepper and spoon cheese sauce on top. Place the sandwiches under broiler and cook until sauce begins to brown lightly -- 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with bacon, and serve immediately.


You will not regret this! :)

23 kommentarer:

  1. If i had the ingredients to wake up to one of those every morning, i would be a very happy person.

    SvarSlet
  2. I'm making one, tomorrow.

    SvarSlet
  3. oh f**k! this looks delicious!

    SvarSlet
  4. Oh my gosh, waking up to this picture is torture! It looks delicious.. Mmm I think I'll head out to the kitchen.

    SvarSlet
  5. Definitely finding it's way into the cook book.

    SvarSlet
  6. Gonna try this. It looks great.

    SvarSlet
  7. As once an important figure said...
    "This dinner is all true warriors strive for!"
    It's so delicious! I wish I could do it.

    SvarSlet
  8. Any recipe that starts with "2 tablespoons butter" is on the top of my list ^^:!

    SvarSlet
  9. Might try this

    SvarSlet
  10. Looks delicious! I want to hire you as a personal chef

    SvarSlet
  11. this looks amazing! I know whats for breakfast tomorrow!

    SvarSlet
  12. Blogs like these are going to make me fat D:

    SvarSlet
  13. This makes me hungry. :/
    Nice breakfast idea though. :)

    SvarSlet
  14. Wow this looks amazing!

    SvarSlet
  15. Oh my god, that looks absoulutely delicious...

    SvarSlet
  16. Wow, looks lovely. Thanks for the recipe!

    SvarSlet
  17. Man, I wish I had time for that in the morning. I'd have it all but the tomato as I am allergic lol

    SvarSlet
  18. that looks so good!

    SvarSlet
  19. great idea for breakfast

    SvarSlet
  20. Looks great, I'll definitely try it! You sure do like bacon don't you?

    SvarSlet