I will start off my first blog entry by introducing the manliest appetizer in history
With no further ado
The Bacon Bowl
You will need:
- 18 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 head butter lettuce - rinsed, and torn
- (Optional) 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice. Blue cheese, cheddar etc.
- (Optional) Whatever filling you like really
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Turn two muffin tins upside down, and cover the outside of 9 cups with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Weave the bacon into a mat that is 9 strips across and 9 strips wide. Cut into 9 even squares. Place each square over one of the foil covered muffin cups.
- Bake the bacon in the preheated oven until crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove the bacon cups from the pan and allow to cool completely. Once cooled, fill each with some lettuce and tomato halves (optional, you can use bacon too). Top with shredded cheese of your liking. Serve at room temperature.